One of the things you looked for when you were purchasing your vehicle was handling and comfort. Do you remember when you first got behind the wheel for a test drive? If it had been a rough ride or difficult to steer, would you have purchased it? The answer is probably no. Most people take their steering and suspension system for granted until it is no longer performing. At Ascot Automotive, we understand the importance of handling and how it affects the safety and comfort of your ride which is why our experts are available for all your steering and suspension maintenance and repair services.
Steering and Suspension System
While the makeup of steering and suspension systems can vary between different types of vehicles there are some components that are fairly standard in all vehicles. These include:
- Ball Joints
- Shock Absorbers
- Tie Rods
- CV Joints
- Steering Gear Box
- Idler Arm
- Pitman Arm
- Control Arm
All of these components work together to put you in total control of your vehicle. If any of them are loose, worn out, or damaged it will compromise your entire system.
Steering and Suspension System Repair
As with any automotive issue, if you suspect there is a problem with your steering and suspension system, it is always best to have it addressed by an expert sooner rather than later. Some of the signs that you need steering and suspension repair include:
- A feeling of wandering or looseness in steering while you are driving
- A rocking or rolling motion when you turn a corner or change lanes
- A bumpier ride than normal
- One corner of your vehicle is sagging or sitting lower than the rest
- Your vehicle is pulling to the left or right
- The steering wheel is off center or crooked
- Clicking or knocking noises while turning
- A shaking or vibrating steering wheel
If you notice these issues or any other changes in the general ride and handling of your vehicle, Ascot Automotive is here to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our team of ASA certified mechanics.